How do you keep your kids entertained and engaged over the summer with educational activities? This may be an easy task for some, but most parents get a little stressed about the idea of having children around for an extra 8-9 hours each day during summer. But there’s good news! You can reinforce their school lessons and have fun this summer with these STEM activities!
There are so many ways to teach STEM beyond the classroom, and summer offers the freedom to do all of them! Kids love to learn when they don’t know they’re learning, so keep things light and fun during the summer, and they’ll never know what hit ’em.
- Plug into camps around town, or create your own “camp” that works with your schedule (and your budget).
- Take family field trips to the museums
- Bring STEM into everyday fun:
- Swimming at the pool? Discuss buoyancy using typical pool toys: why do some sink while others float?
- Science of the Summer Olympics
- Teach things with LEGO
- Science Experiments/Lessons (that you can do at home)
- Hands-on Family Activities from 3M
- Explore science through cooking
- Explore science through music